1. Core Modules
Intoducing Invent Medical EMR (Appointments)
The Appointment Module within Invent Medical EMR System allows managing patient appointment with ease and convenience. The module is designed to interact graphically with users to manage appointments of all clinic’s/hospital’s operatories from a single screen. It serves more than just a module for appointment creation, but also as a status screen for each patient from the moment an appointment is made till he leaves the clinic/hospital. Additionally, based on our experience of working with numerous clinics/hospitals, this module was built to allow users to create an appointment within seconds to avoid patients having to wait for long on the phone.
The Family Module within Invent Medical EMR System connects all family members registered within the clinic/hospital under a single family account. This allows easy balance and insurance tracking, as well as eases of communication between the family guardian and the clinic/hospital.
With the Invent SmartCard reader, you can easily create patient file with single click.
Additionally, the Family Module allows editing patient’s personal details as well as adding patient’s photo. The Family Module is capable of storing lots of information about a patient, most clinics/hospitals are overwellmed by the amount of information it can capture about a patient; however, it does not stop there. For Clinics/Hospitals ambitious to capture more information about their patients, the Family Module has advanced capabilities allowing users to add whatever fields they desire that are not already available in the module.
The Family Module allows linking an Insurance Plan to the patient’s file. Thu, governing the way the patient gets charged based on this plan. Invent Medical EMR System provides a powerful engine to create and allocate insurance plans that ensures ease of operation and at the same time accurate calculations. It is an engine capable of handling multiple insurance plans for the same patient. It is a versatile engine that is designed to cater for all insurance scenarios. The insurance plan engine can then be integrated with the payment and reporting system. Not to forget its incredible ability to perform online claims by communicating with Insurance Company Servers.
The Account module is where the patient’s finances are organized. It lists financial transactions related to patients whether it is a charge or a payment. It automatically captures due payments based on the procedures performed within the treatment rooms.
In addition to the conventional features such as appointments and payment that some other clinic management systems may provide, Invent Medical EMR System dives deeper to manage the activities taking place inside the treatment room via its comprehensive yet user friendly Progress Module.
During treatment, doctors can use the progress module to diagnose the problem that may occur in a patient, and also specify the treatment procedure required to cure the problem. Once the doctor does that, a Progress Note is automatically created to document what the doctor has done in the treatment room. The doctor can then add a note to any procedure planned or had done. Required procedure may be done in steps, therefore the progress module allows users to mark the status of each procedure whether it is a ‘Planned’ procedure or a ‘Completed’ procedure; this give complete visibility to the treatment team as well as to the accounting team that is working in parallel.
During the patient’s first visit, a diagnostic session takes place to identify the treatment needs and the procedure that needs to take place; this will be normally identified by the doctor. As this is taking place in the Progress Module within Invent Health Management System, the system is automatically creating a treatment plan at the background. It is a completely automated process where no human interaction is required. The treatment plan can be directly printed or emailed to the patient, thu showing the patient from the first visit what exactly need to be done over the forthcoming visits. Beside showing the treatment required, the plan also shows the treatment price, how much would the patient pay and how much would the insurance company pay as well. Not to mention the feature of showing the priority of each treatment based on urgency.
The insurance module is one of the strongest key features Invent EMR has to offer. Generally speaking, the insurance tracking of due unpaid claims is considered to be one of the most challenging business process and logics in the medical field.
Invent EMR provides a compressive internal tracking system of insurance and claims management module which is fully tested to match day-to-day insurance payments scenarios any medical firm may encounter in its daily operation.
The tracking starts with the “Insurance Plan List” which manages patients as insurance subscribers/beneficiaries while dynamically provide options to manage different insurance plans and benefit types.
While creating insurance plans the system prompts users to define Benefit information where amounts and percentages used to calculate procedures estimates and remaining insurance estimates. Once insurance benefits are defined, the system will apply it all subscribers under the same plan while allowing system users (or admins) to create multiple insurance plans if different subscribers have different benefits. The system will dynamically manage plans and claims procedures estimates accordingly.
These percentages and amounts are used to calculate Procedure Estimates and Insurance Remaining Estimates. Benefits apply to all subscribers on the plan. If different subscribers have different benefits, create different plans. If you change benefits for a plan, all Claim Procedure estimates will also change, including those on current and sent claims.
Furthermore, if an insurance plan exists already in the pool of Insurance Plans List, Invent EMR will allow you to attach it to a new beneficiary (subscriber) and family members too.
Key Insurance Module Points:
- Multiple insurance cards for single patient
- Employer (Payer) for the patient
- Gross & Net prices (receipt)
- Procedures/services categorization and percentage
- Deductibles – Co insurance – Co Payment automated calculations
- Detailed reports for ( sent / unsent ) claims
- Outstanding insurance claims
- Effective dates (expiration)
- Insurance special price lists
- Claim invoice printing
- Creating batch payments
- Entering cheques
Invent Medical EMR System includes a library of images for every patient. The library could include patient photos, X-Ray images, financial statements or insurance record. Beside storing and viewing images, the module also allows zooming into the images and also editing.
It is also a handy module which allows capturing images from a directly connected or network scanner or camera and automatically storing it into image library. Not to mention that the module allows capturing radio graphs from a properly configured device and storing it to the library. It is a module that contributes to a paper-less clinic.
General description of our security and user management features
- Users can be grouped under permission groups
- Permission of each group can be dynamically set according to your own preferences and choice matching your best business logics. For example: reception desk staff can have access on the appointment management but not the treatment area
- Permission is grouped by area ( you can notice this when you go to Tools/Security). Each area is sub-divided into sub-areas of permissions
The admin group is the most powerful group. It is recommended that you chose who is assigned to this group carefully, admin group users can do the following:
- Manage and interact with the overall database and patients files
- Have full access on patients files (add/edit/delete/change)
- Edit (change, remove, delete or disable) all users permissions including other users with admin permission
- Have full access on payments & discounts (add/edit/delete/change)
- Have full access to all payments reports
- Have full access on appointments
- Have full access on insurance management
- Have full access on POS & inventory module
In general, the most commonly used model for medical firms is the following:
- One or max 2 staff have the full admin access but not by so many users
- User permissions should be agreed , understood and not changed unless approved by upper management
- Reception should have access to patients details, medical billing but no access to financial reports or treatment area. Exception can be added to a powered reception group if needed.
- Certain users can delete or edit payments when needed but not everyone
- Certain users can have access to patient details and treatment but not all on finance/billing
- Certain users should have access to finance reports but not all
- Certain users can have access to custom reports so they only see their own income but not others or all finance reports
- Certain users should see all patient contact numbers but not all
General EMR User Management Guideline by Invent ITS, V 1.0
- Only authorized staff should have permission to have a username to use the system.
- Each staff member with a username is responsible on his/her actions within the system
- Each staff is requested to report any miss-use of the system or in case of suspicious system activities to the direct line of authority within the medical institute
- Each staff/user should be aware of the areas of the system he/she is expected to have access to, any unexpected open area should be reported immediately If needed.
- Each staff/user should be aware of the reports of the system he/she is expected to have access to, any unexpected open report should be reported immediately If needed.
- Staffa re not expected to share credential details amongst themselves
- Each staff is expected to regularly change his/her system password
- Only admin (owner or assigned staff with legal authority) and/or should have access to ADMIN usernames with admin privileges
- Any changes to user groups , permissions and system privileges should only be conducted with a written consent/approval from authorized lines of authority
- All users/staff should be aware that all changes and activities are being tracked and audited within the EMR system
- Staff/users are expected read and acknowledge the above list
- Each medical firm should have their own “EMR User Management Guideline” with proper versioning control.
- Staff/users are expected to read, agree to and acknowledge “EMR User Management Guideline” formally.
- The EMR is integrated with a fully automated SMS reminder system. Send bulk SMS, appointment reminders, birthday messages, recall messages …etc all automated at the background.
- SMS can be integrated to automate sending notifications, reminders, auto-birthday messages & bulk marketing messages to all or only active patients (patients you’ve seen)
- The SMS module saves you a lot of phone calls bills to remind your patients of their appointments.
Invent Bulk SMS – Application allows you to broadcast messages to your patients
- The system shows you credit balance before and after sending the broadcast
- Mobile numbers will be listed for confirmation before listing
- Incorrect and duplicate mobile numbers will be excluded
- Gender filters
- Birthday filters (age)
- Visits and appointments filter
- Nationality filter
- The user can filter patients who took a specific type of service/treatment
- Easy to use and secured
Invent CallerApp is a stand-alone application integrated with Invent EMR system. The main job of Invent CallerApp is to keep recording the incoming calls log to the clinic to improve the quality of service. It also simplifies the job of the receptionist since it provides a real time information of the caller if recorded. Invent CallerApp provides several features like:
- Logging the incoming calls with its duration.
- Logging missed calls
- Identifying the caller from its mobile, work or home number.
- Show un-called patients
- Providing the basic information of the caller (History/Appointments/Account…) in a simple popup.
Watch this demo for Invent CallerApp
- Can be used for consent forms on surgical procedures for example
- Multiple Modules from Appointments to Billing and Medical History Tracking
- Adaptability & customization: The EMR system is applicable to all professionals: whether you are a dentist, a dermatologist, an ENT ..etc the system can be customized to suit your practice needs.
- Fast, Secure and easy to use
- The EMR system can be integrated to online appointments forms on your website! You patients visit your website, book an online appointment and it shows directly on the reception’s screen, can you imagine?
Module is a built-in module integrated with Invent EMR System. This module enables receptionists, accountant, and doctors to use and manage their inventory wisely. This module works for all medical specialties!
With Invent Inventory module system, you can keep track of your entire consumable/POS items.
The system will help you with:
- Inventory module where the accountant/admin can maintain the clinic inventory and generate any report needed to track the inventory.
- Inventory POS Selling: Sell items directly to patients (pills, pain killers, tooth brushes …etc). This is a POS-like interface just like the touch screens you see in retail shops.
- Consumables Tracking: tracking medical particles (cottons, disinfectants, porcelain, silver amalgam, gloves, plastic syringe, pills, anesthesia, composite resin fillings , gold! … etc). Consumables can be linked to a medical procedure/patient. Patients can be charged or not charged depending on the scenario. A dermatologist may for instance use 1 vial by default for a standard Botox session while utilizing an extra 0.5 vial and inform the patient he/she will be changed for the extra medical ingredient song with the standard procedure cost.
- Reporting: like no other medical system in the whole country, a very dynamic and comprehensive reporting tool which will help you track both the inventory and the costing of your medical stackable items. You can even “dynamically” design your own report, right from within the system. Reports can be exported to PDF/excel for extra feasibility.
Invent Medical EMR is fully integrated with QuickBooks 2015 software for perfect account management
- The account module is an integration tool that automatically links our EMR application to the QuickBooks Pro 2016 Accounting Suite. Integration is only applicable to QuickBooks Pro Desktop version and not other applications.
- All transactions such as payments & adjustments will be reflected into the accounting system.
- Patients in the EMR are automatically passed onto the accounting system as customers
- Procedures are automatically passed onto the accounting system as invoices
- Payments in the EMR will be represented as payments against invoices while discounts as general journals.
- Due outstanding for patients in the EMR will match due customer balances on corresponding invoices
- The integration is seamless between the two application and entries are generated automatically.
- Corresponding accounts and GL setup will be automatically configured once in the system. Credit card transactions are reflected as per Bahrain’s standard. That is calculating the percentages automatically into separate GL accounts and reflect the entries next business days.
- The insurance calculation is automatically reflected into designated account GL/entries, another extremely advanced feature. Invent EMR has the only working insurance module in Bahrain for medical clients.
- This is an advanced tool which we worked on and tested for a year. It requires additional support and follow up.
- Needless to say, the integration will ease your accounting process. You will have more time to concentrate on real accounting rather than data entry and passing details from one system to another